Monday, January 16, 2012

Homemade Wrapping Paper

This Christmas both saving money and being kind to the earth were on my mind.  This activity did triple duty as it saved us money, reused paper and provided us with a number of days of fun.  

When packages started rolling in from online orders, so many of them were stuffed with brown or white packing paper which I typically would have just recycled but this year I folded it all and saved it.  One day when it was unseasonably warm, I laid some pieces out in our driveway and poured green and red paint all over them.  O finger and feet painted three huge pieces of paper.


Then with the smaller pieces, I spread them out on his table inside where he created beautiful masterpieces.   He painted almost every day for two weeks to have enough paper for all our presents.  



Here are some shots of only some of our stacks of gifts for friends and family.  



For the tags, I cut up cards from last years greetings.


Total cost of Christmas wrapping: 99 cents for the roll of twine.  
(Plus the cost of paints, but we already had those in stock)

My goal is never to buy wrapping paper again.  I will do this activity with O here and there and build a supply for birthday presents and such.  


No comments:

Post a Comment