Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Drawers!


 I found this set of drawers in my basement that I had planned on using for some organizing but forgot all         about.  I had an idea that O might like opening and closing, filling and emptying.  I was right :)


I put a set of blocks near the drawers to see if he'd use them.


Sometimes he'd open just one and put a few blocks inside.



Or he'd open all three at once and switch some blocks around.




He loved the big drawer the most and would put all the blocks in there and then disperse them throughout.  



This post is mainly meant to remind you to look at things in a different way now that there is a little one in your life.  Something that you might not think of as a 'toy' may be quite intriguing to a curious mind.  'Real' items, like this one, are both attractive and meaningful to children.  Remember that you do not need plastic toys that light up and make noise to engage a child.  

Other household items that might be interesting to put into your rotation might be pots and pans with lids, spatulas, wooden spoons and other cooking utensils, tupperware type containers and wicker baskets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment