Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sensory Board


I made this sensory board for O when he was a little over 2 months old.  It is made with scraps of carpet and a very thick piece of cardboard that I saved from a delivery box.  Each piece is a different texture and is glued down to the cardboard.  When we first started using it I would lay him down on it and maybe touch his hand or foot to the different pieces.  I set it down on the floor near his play area and it was part of his regular routine of touching the textures.  As he got older he rolled on it and even started scratching it on his own.
Here is a close up of some of the textures.  


The board had been leaning against the wall since I re-did his area in the basement.  When I wanted to take a photo of it I thought he might be interested in it again and thought about how I'd be able to tell you all that it is a material that is good from 2 to 15 months.  Well, he was interested in it but not in the way that I thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment