Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Fire Hydrant

This post is about slowing down.  Take some time to let your kids explore.  Let them guide to what they are interested in.  Sometimes it's okay to sit back and observe, you'll learn so much by just watching.


When O first started to learn to walk while holding hands, he loved strolling around our cul-de-sac.  This fire hydrant is just around the corner and one day he spotted it and pulled me closer.  He let go of me and spent 10 uninterrupted minutes exploring this hydrant.  I just stood back and took pictures.  





He pulled me back there two more times with a clear intention of wanting to explore the hydrant again.  Here are some shots from one of those visits, unfortunately I didn't have my camera for the last visit.








No comments:

Post a Comment